Rheumatoid arthritis is a common ailment that can be experienced at any age. It is very important to know what Rheumatoid arthritis is, what its symptoms are and what can be the possible treatment. By knowing about this crucial information, you can check or yourself too.
What is Rheumatoid arthritis?
Rheumatoid arthritis is an unremitting disease that leads to inflamed joints causing pain, stiffness, swelling or may be total loss of movement. The immune system of your body attacks the body joints in this disease.
The commonly observed symptoms of Rheumatoid arthritis are:
- Pain in specific joints
- Swelling and excessive pain in joints
- Nodules or lumps under skin
- Building up of fluids, mainly in ankle
- Weight loss
- Fever, cold or other flu-like signs
Following are some of the general Rheumatoid arthritis treatments that can be followed by anyone, even at home:
- Doing active and passive exercises to maintain the movement in the joints.
- Finger splinting to improve functioning of hands.
- Rest and splinting to reduce pain and improve functions of joints.
- Applying cold or hot can on affected areas to relieve stiffness or pain.
- If you are someone who is suffering from Rheumatoid arthritis and are still smoking, it can be harmful for your health. Quitting drinking and smoking is essential for treating Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Besides, there are some anti-inflammatory drugs which can help reduce pain and stiffness.
Since Rheumatoid arthritis leads to weight loss and diet loss, therefore you should also consult your dietician for the same.