Dandruff affects the scalp and causes flakes of skin to appear – it is a common condition. Our skin cells are forever renewing themselves. When the skin cells on our scalp are renewed the old ones are pushed to the surface and out of the scalp. For a person with dandruff the renewal is faster, meaning more dead skin is shed, making the dandruff more noticeable
Dandruff is the condition of scalp where skin flakes appear on the surface. Some of the most common symptoms of dandruff are white flakes of skin on hair and scalp, head may feel itchy, red greasy patches on scalp.
In order to free yourself from dandruff follow the following treatment for dandruff.
Home remedies for dandruff
- Add 6 spoons of water to two spoons of vinegar and apply on hair with cotton before retiring to bed. Wash your hair next morning. Do this once a week for 3 months. This is a nice remedy for chronic dandruff.
- Mix a spoon of lemon juice and 2 spoons of vinegar and massage on scalp. Rinse hair with egg shampoo after this.
- Soak fenugreek (methi) seeds in yogurt overnight and apply curd the next day on scalp. Leave for half an hour and wash. This is a natural conditioner for hair as well.
- Soak fenugreek seeds overnight in water and grind it to paste. Apply to scalp and leave for 30mins before rinsing with shampoo; this is an effective treatment for dandruff.
- Beat two eggs; add a little water to it. Wet hair and apply mixture all over the hair. Let the mixture on for 30mins and rinse with lukewarm water. This is not only a homemade remedy for dandruff but also an effective homemade remedy for hair fall too.
It’s better to prevent dandruff than cure dandruff too.
Use warm coconut oil and massage your scalp with it at least twice a week. Use circular movements of fingers to massage and leave overnight. Shampoo hair the following morning. This also prevents hair fall.