Mosquito bites can happen at any place and during any time of the day. Incessant bites from these parasites can actually destroy a lot of fun particularly outdoors. Usually general mosquito bites are not very dangerous. In most of the cases, the area of the mosquito bites swells up and itches. However, this stops after some. If the itching and scratching persists, then you might apply some simple home remedies for mosquito bites.
Some simple and effective home remedies for mosquito bites
Simple mosquito bites can easily be treated at home with some easy remedies. If the problem still persists, it is always good to consult a physician. Some of the home remedies are as follows:
- Dabbing some toothpaste, preferably peppermint flavor, can do wonders for a mosquito bite. The itching stops very fast.
- Rubbing citrus fruits like lemon or lime on the area helps in reducing the swelling as well as itching from mosquito bites.
- Salt is readily available in all homes. Moisten the mosquito bite area and then apply table salt on the area. This will immediately stop itching in the bite area.
- Using bleach on the mosquito bite area helps in reducing the swelling in the area as well as decreases the itching too.
- Any antiseptic lotion or calamine lotion can stop the itching caused by mosquito bites immediately.
- Banana skin proves to be very effective in stopping itching and swelling from mosquito bites. Rub the inside of the skin on the affected area and feel the difference at once.